Sunday, December 16, 2007

An update on the job front

Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately, but at least I have good news. Last week (12/10 - 12/14) was my first week at my new "real" job! Better yet, Monday I was at my office, but Tuesday through Friday were spent in sunny San Francisco!

I have flown into San Fran, but never got to hang around and see the city. I didn't get to see much this time because of work, but I did check out Chinatown and got plenty of exercise just walking a few blocks (up and down severe hills). It also was much warmer than it was in the Twin Cities (and no snow!).

I am so glad that I got to go to SF, because it really helped me learn more about my new work world. It's a bit complicated... once I figure it out I will share the details. Long story short, I work with Licensed Bankers (i.e., personal bankers who have their securities licences). The only concern I have about the job (besides the almost hour-long commute) is that I too will have to get my Series 7 and Series 66 licences. I have heard that getting those licenses is not easy. Fortunately, I will actually get one day off a week to study (once I start the study program in April). I am not sure if that one day off a week helps me or makes the tests that much more intimidating!

Anyway, I am happy to be employed again! Income is a nice thing.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Well Merry Christmas to you then :)

We've got to get together for lunch or dinner some time... dang it... you had to go and get a job so I guess lunch is out of the question now! :)