Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jim Thome

I am thrilled that I was watching the Twins game yesterday. They won (which is always nice), but I also got to witness Jim Thome's 599th and 600th home runs live (on TV).

I have not always liked to hear that Jim Thome was up to bat... then again, he used to play against the Twins for many years. I always respected him, but feared him when he would bat against us.

Then he became a Twin - hurray! Now I would drop whatever I was doing to watch his at-bats. Not just because he was inching his way to home run number 600, but just because he could do damage to the opposition's defense.

I believe in my heart of hearts that Jim Thome got to this incredible milestone honestly (unlike Sosa, Bonds, or even perhaps Rodriguez). So, IMHO, Thome is the fifth player to reach 600, not the eighth.

Hurray Jim Thome! Thanks for showing us how to hit 'em out with class.

No comments: