Sunday, February 03, 2008

Life Goes On...

Well, it's finally February (the month in which The Husband and I are going to Mexico!). We are looking forward to the warmth, the sea, the food, the ruins, the warmth, the sand, the margaritas, the warmth...

I feel so fortunate to have stuff to look forward to in the near future. When we get back from Akumal, it will be March, then April, then the snow will melt, then the temperatures will rise, then the grass will grow and the birds will sing. How cool will that be?

Today's the Super Bowl. I really don't care for the Giants or the Patriots, but I do expect this to be a good game. As always, I am looking forward to the commericals more than the game. And even though I am a fan of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, I don't even know if I am going to pay much attention to the half-time show. I just want to see 30-second spots full of creativity and good humor (as opposed to the brainless ads we see the rest of the year).

My favorite ads from Super Bowls Past are the Streaker (Budweiser) and Cat Herding (some consulting firm). The FedEx ad with the cavemen is up there too (I love ads that make me laugh out loud, and that one did!).

Want to have a few giggles? Check out Super Bowl Ad Classics (courtesy of Spike TV). Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kim said...

You'll want to take a look at this then...
http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads

Kim said...

Another link I thought you'd love: http://animal.discovery.com/tv/puppy-bowl/puppy-bowl.html

Collette said...

Oh yeah - I loves me my Puppy Bowl!!