Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I feel a purge coming on

Warning: mindless blog post coming…

I am not sure, but it’s possible that I own over 100 pairs of shoes. I am not bragging – it just sort of happened over time. I have a pair of Minnetonka moccasins that my mom bought for me when I was a freshman – in high school. (Hey, they’re classics!) My mom also supplied me with a bunch of shoes over the decades that she no longer needed or liked, so I have plenty in my shoe collection that were free. Thrift store purchases also helped boost my overall shoe count without costing too much. I do, however, have some pairs that cost a little bit. Just a little. Like the $98 boots (but hey, they were originally $199!). And the Reeboks I bought for my study abroad trip to Toulouse, France. But overall, many of the pairs of shoes I have were deals. Finding cool shoes is fun, but finding them at a great price is even better!

That said, I think I may be ready to part with some of my shoes. A drop- off trip to Goodwill is in the cards soon anyway, so I may as well see if any of my shoes can be of use to someone else. Some may end up in the garbage, like the cheap black kitten-heel pumps from Target that I have worn to bits. There’s also the sandals I got in Maryland that may have finally bit the dust (unfortunately, I was out running errands far from home when the strap on those gave out – good thing I was near a Walgreens with cheap flip-flops!).

I need to be honest too. I have pairs of shoes I have not even worn. If they’ve been in my closet for over a year without use, they should go (except my beaded suede boots – they rock, but they’re too noisy to wear most days).

I am wearing some cute Italian mules from Mom today. They look great with my post-birthday pedicure (with flowers and rhinestones).

I warned you - this was pretty mindless, wasn't it?

No comments: